MCSE Server Infrastructure with Live Chat Tutor support
Become a fully qualified Microsoft Server Infrastructure Solutions Expert with this online course. This is essential for IT professionals looking to build on their experience or sit the MCSE Server Infrastructure exams.
The MCSE Server Infrastructure course is ideal for:
- System administrators and network engineers looking to hone their skills.
- Consultants who want to broaden their experience and the skills that they offer their clients.
- Individuals who want to start a high-level technical career in IT infrastructure.
- Professionals who need to earn a globally-recognised qualification as part of their continuing professional development.
This online course will provide you with a complete understanding of the Windows Server platform, including installing the operating system, deploying and managing across a multi-site, multi-domain network. Advanced topics show you how to design and build a scalable, secure server infrastructure that uses the latest technologies to improve data availability improved business operations.
The five Microsoft-approved modules of the MCSE Server Infrastructure are delivered through a blend of instructor-led videos and interactive courseware. End-of-unit tests enable you to check your progress and ensure you are ready for the final exams. The platform also includes built-in social networking, so you can ask questions and share knowledge with other students.
Course content is available 24/7, so you can access it whenever is most convenient for you and study around your busy schedule.
Develop a complete understanding of the Windows Server platform through this online course. It also includes live chat tutor support, which is available 24/7 to help you through your training. This is aided by complementary email support which allows our experts to provide in-depth answers to more complex questions.
The human element that LiveTutor provides is key to a true blended learning solution. It takes the inhuman and impersonal elements of online learning and brings them to life!
The mentoring option allows you to have a more structured and guided experience while you study. If the prospect of undertaking a self-taught online course is daunting for you, but you wish to retain the flexibility that can’t be offered by a classroom taught course, then the best option is the mentor programme.
KEY LEARNING POINTS
Initially you will be introduced to the fundamentals of working with Microsoft Windows Server:
- Installing and configuring.
- Configuring key operating system services.
- Creating Active Directory user and computer objects, and designing the Group Policy Objects (GPOs) required to manage every element of a Windows-based network.
- Using built-in security tools to restrict unauthorised access to data, applications and other key network resources.
Training then moves on to the skills needed to keep the server operating in peak condition:
- Simplifying server and patch deployment using images.
- Improving data security and access using Distributed File Systems (DFS), File Server Resource Manager (FSRM), and encrypting files and disks.
- Proactively monitoring and auditing servers to identify and resolve potential problems.
- Networking concepts including VPNs, Network Policy Server (NPS) and Network Access Protection (NAP).
- Managing the network infrastructure efficiently with Domain Controllers, service authentication, Active Directory, account policies and GPOs.
The third section of the course is a deep-dive into the advanced services required to maintain an IT environment. You will learn:
- The benefits of using Network Load Balancing (NLB) and failover clustering for maximum resource availability.
- How to install and manage Windows Server in a Virtual Machine (VM) environment.
- Managing file storage and data backups, and designing effective disaster recovery plans.
- Advanced network management and segmentation techniques using DHCP, DNS, IPAM and Active Directory domains, forests trusts and sites.
- Securing enterprise network resources against unauthorised access using Active Directory Certificate Services (ADCS), Active Directory Federation Services (ADFS), and Active Directory Rights Management Services (ADRMS).
You then learn about the integration of Windows Server into an established network, and building the infrastructure required to support IT operations:
- Performing successful server upgrades and migrations, and building the infrastructure required for rapid deployment of future-ready server resources.
- Building a robust and secure corporate network using Active Directory services and Group Policy Objects to restrict network access, share files and manage storage for authorised users.
- Design and maintain the networking infrastructure required to support enterprise-class IT demands including the use of domain infrastructure, name resolution, IP configuration and address management.
Finally, the course concludes by consolidating your existing level of knowledge and explaining the use of advanced Windows Server functions to further fine tune services. Topics studied include:
- Plan, build, deployment and management of virtual machines using System Center in a specially designed enterprise datacentre.
- Creating additional layers of network security using Information Rights Management (IRM), Identity Federation and Public Key Infrastructure.
- Designing a high-availability infrastructure and accompanying business continuity strategy that will help to reduce downtime in the event of a localised IT disaster.
ADVANTAGES OF THIS COURSE
The MCSE Server Infrastructure is an essential course for system administrators who need:
- Access to all the training and resources needed to prepare for the MCSA Windows Server exam (not included), which will also lay the foundations for obtaining the MCSE Server Infrastructure qualification.
- Real-world skills to back up server installation and management theory using Microsoft-approved course materials.
- To install, configure and maintain Windows Server and advanced services for optimum performance and reliability.
- To master deployment, configuration and management of Active Directory and associated services.
- To construct, deploy, manage and extend an advanced Windows Server network and operating environment.
- To build a virtualised Server infrastructure that maximises datacentre resources and offers scope for cost-effective future business growth.
The MCSE Server Infrastructure course is essential for IT professionals who want to improve their server and network management and support skills, or to gain the knowledge and experience required to earn the MCSA and MCSE qualifications.
|1 gigahertz (GHz)|
|Internet Explorer 8 or above
Safari 6 or above